Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I don't want to seem completely self-obsessed and narcissistic... but I feel like part of the point of a blog is to know about its author.  This entry will be all about me.  So... here is my current life-status report.

I live in Fort Collins, Colorado in a 2-bedroom apartment with a hippie-waitress-EXTREMELY-talkative 24-year-old named Whitney.  Her jobless-super-friendly-until-he's-drunk-then-he's-just-LOUD boyfriend occasionally stays over.  And by occasionally I mean 90% of the time.  They're both friendly and generous people and I appreciate that she lets me use her extra bed, since apartments in good old FC come unfurnished.  Thus my recent acquisition of a small dresser from IKEA and a bookshelf from craigslist.  I feel like more of a real person now that I own furniture.
 
I am a bank teller.  I have been for three months, for lack of a better job opportunity and after three months of unemployment (not counting two weeks at Dunkin Donuts around Christmastime).  Just the other day I held a check for 1.3 MILLION dollars in my hands.  No big deal.  Every day I handle more cash than I'll ever have, ever.  It's a little bit saddening.

I want to be a chemist again.  Someday.  I truly miss it.

My current (revived) love is swimming.  I've really enjoyed going to the local pool lately and swimming my laps... swimming hard offers an all-over exhaustion that just feels so much better than any other type of exercise!

I have a boyfriend.  His name is Nathan, and we've been dating for... 14 months now?  He is working toward his PhD in organic chemistry.  He has been at CSU for almost a year now...  only 5 to go.  He works for a guy named Bob, who is known as a cranky old man who wears short shorts.  No joke.

He is currently in California visiting his family for two weeks.  Thus the true reason this blog was born... sheer boredom.  And when I say he, I mean Nathan, not Bob.  That'd be awkward.

My most awesome new news is that I adopted a coworker's guinea pig today.  I'm still figuring out what to call him.  I should post a picture... but here is an idea of what he looks like:



...

WOAH just kidding.  I wouldn't want a pet with hair longer than mine!  This is a little more accurate:



What should I call him?

1 comment: