Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Best. Job. Ever.

And I quote, from an actual job posting for an actual job that I am actually applying for:

"WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.  The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and explosive materials.  The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.  The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate." 

Who wouldn't want to be a chemist after reading this job description?

I am probably the most worried about the moderate noise level.  Or... maybe the vibration.  I'm most excited about the frequent exposure to explosive materials.  I thought I was applying for a "Water Treatment and Operations" position.  You never know... it makes you wonder how this job came to be open in the first place!

1 comment:

  1. Well, after three years in my lab, I officially have dead spots in my spectrum of smelling capabilities. Yay, fumes!

    ReplyDelete