Monday, November 28, 2011

No Money November

This has been an expensive month for me.  I've spent my budget... twice over.   What in the world happened?

-Four new tires... when the tire guy openly laughs at my tires, it's time for new ones.
-One round-trip plane ticket home for Christmas
-Car insurance. 
-Rent for my new apartment... while still paying for my old one
-Necessary items for new apartment... Walmart owns my soul.
-Goober food... he is a bottomless PIT of a guinea pig!
-People food
-A year's supply of contacts
-Gas to drive to work/temple/airport

Holy cow.  On that note, I am THANKFUL for:

-Hopefully once again having traction on the road and not being forced to ask others to help push my car out of an inch of snow.
-Being able to travel across the country in a mere four hours to see my family.  Doesn't that blow your mind??
-My car in general.  It has been my most faithful little diesel companion these past three years of my incredibly transient life.  Where would I be without it (literally and figuratively speaking)?
-An amazing new apartment with a wonderful roommate.  She is crazy like me, which makes every day that much better :)  AND.  I live next to the Walmart.  Really.  You can't get any closer.  I love being able to walk there if I just need one or two things! 
-My little best friend Goobie-doobie-doo.  He only lets me sleep until my alarm every once in a while, but cute little squeaks aren't the worst way to wake up.  All he wants is a little carrot, can you blame him? 
-Having food in the first place.  Cooking/eating is a necessary evil in life.  I used to love cooking.  Hopefully I will again one day.  But until then, I'm thankful for cheese quesadillas, PB&J, cereal, and pudding cups. 
-Sight.  The correct perscription.  I'm going to be a nearly blind old lady with coke-bottle-thick glasses at the rate my eyes are going, but at least I can see now :)  And my health.  I'm not missing any limbs, or teeth... just a few of my marbles but that's it.
-MY JOB.  Without it, I wouldn't have money to spend.  Or a car to drive.  Or money for Goober and people food.  THE TEMPLE (see my previous post) for the peace and direction it affords.  FRIENDS to drive to the airport in the first place. 

Happy (late) Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. We had to buy four new tires over Thanksgiving break, too! Trent hit a log in the road. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two points, log. Luckily? mine were just balding, I didn't blow any tires or anything. Just slid off the road and got stuck a few times. Terribly inconvenient, not at all dramatic. Must have been a pretty angry log...

    ReplyDelete