Sunday, November 20, 2011

I don't really do "favorites."  I don't have a "top 5" movie list (excluding my inexplicable obsession with the Pirates of the Caribbean series).  I don't have a desert island list of books, or an if-you-could-only-save-five-things-in-a-house-fire-what-would-you-take contingency plan (Goober is a given, don't worry).  I guess I'm not really a "stuff" person.  I have a few favorite people... it's more of a rotating list.  BUT.  I can say with unwavering certainty that I have a favorite place.



It is the temple. 



LDS temples are places of beauty and peace.  They offer opportunities for members of my church to perform sacred ordinances for themselves and those that have passed on.  It is not a stretch to say that you can be closer to Heavenly Father in this place than any other on earth.

A recent blessing has been the announcement of the Fort Collins Colorado temple.  I didn't appreciate having a temple nearby (growing up it 6-7 hours to Washington D.C. and then about two hours to Manhattan when that one was built) until I lived in Provo.  The Provo temple was at most a five-minute drive (although once inside the wait was usually over an hour), and it was fantastic to have that sacred place so accessible to me.  Now, it's again a two-hour drive to the Denver temple.  It's entirely worth the time and gas money to have the experience of attending... but I'm not going to say no to a ten-minute drive :)  Two years til it's finished!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you have this to look forward to. These buildings are always so beautiful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete