Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Nightowl without a purpose.

I've let myself fall (back) into the terrible habit of not sleeping.  Like, college-style.  The hey-it's-1-am-and-there's-nothing-I-need-to-be-doing-but-it's-not-2-yet-so-I'm-going-to-stay-up-because-I-can style.  The problem is, unlike college-style, I still have to get up for work at the same time every day.  I'd blame it on my friends that I stay out late with some nights, but even then I come home and bum around for an hour or two before I decide it's time to be unconscious.  It has nothing to do with wanting to stay awake or being productive.  I just can't make myself go to bed.  I was reeeeally good about sleeping over the summer, but in the recent months have lost all sense of regularity with my schedule.  Goober doesn't help by chomping on his cage in the middle of the night wanting a snack, either!

As a side note, it bothers me a little when my work supervisor tells me I look sleepy... every day.  I may be tired, but didn't I just spend 20 minutes putting my face on so I wouldn't look that way?  Fail.

And since I have this problem to fight against, if I'm not careful this could become a vicious cycle. 

Moral of the story:  someone needs to yell at me to go to bed at a reasonable time.  And then show me how to do my makeup so I don't look like a zombie.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be like this, but it seems like lately my brain just makes a whirring sound and shuts down around 9:00 or so. If I try to stay up after that, the uncontrollable yawning gets to me. and I give up and go to bed.

    ReplyDelete