Monday, October 31, 2011

"I make bad look... so good!"

Once upon a time... and by that, I mean Thursday night, Nathan called.  He needed help with his costume, the one he had previously refused to tell me about.  I met him at Walmart at 9:30.  He was in the fabric aisle (not a good sign).  He gave me one guess as to what he wanted to be:  Megamind.  Of course!  It's been his favorite movie for months.  An animated movie, about a big-headed (literally and metaphorically) blue alien.  He looks something like this:


I left Nate's house around one in the morning, after having created what we thought was a pretty good replica... for a last-minute no-sewing project.  Fabric, liquid stitch, cardboard and aluminum foil.  And face paint.  THIS is the masterpiece:



Nate's roommate Josh was brainwashed after being forced to watch the movie several times.  So, he turned into Metro Man.  

It's Metro Man!



The two of them together were hilarious.  They really do make great roommates.  My favorite part is Josh's tape-wrapped shoes :)





We went to a party.  We saw my future roommate/fellow newsie (what I dressed up as, with her and Madi).



Spencer and Cheryl are Harry Potter addicts.  Can you tell?  :)


The genie and I!  "Can you see the glitter on my eyes?  CAN YOU?"  I love Sariah!


(photo stolen from Saundra)
 Oh look, the other two newsies (minus my suspenders, which did not really stand up to an entire night of dancing)!  And Megamind with his new facepaint.  All in all, it was a pretty fun Halloween weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment