Monday, October 10, 2011

Around the country in 30 days.

I feel guilty for not keeping up with writing... but I've been a busy little girl this past month.  Last minute decisions, caravan trips, family reunions, long-time-in-coming-weddings... all in the past month.  It's been unbelievable!  And exhausting.  But mostly fantastic.  More details to come, but here's a short history in pictures:  


One weekend I decided last-minute I desperately needed to have some girl time with my college love Ashley.  After a day of errands and Costa Vida and remembering that life is good, I enjoyed a quiet moment at the Provo temple.  I was the only one waiting in the baptistery chapel at one point.  How often does that happen?  It was a beautiful experience.


My grandchildren.  After "adopting" some ducks last summer, I had to stop by the duck pond at the edge of BYU campus to see how our little family was doing. 

Driving through Utah... I have come to not despise the mountains.  It's a pretty big step for me.

Next stop:  New York!  I spent Labor Day weekend with my grandparents and uncle.  There's nothing more relaxing than their house with nothing to do but read, cross-stitch, and listen to their stories.  A day in the city with Uncle Mark was the icing on the cake!

Ground  Zero.  Going to the city a week before the ten-year anniversary of September 11th was a sobering moment.  The strength and drive of those people humble me.

Two words... mmm hmm!

Yankees game with my favorite uncle?  Yes please!  I LOVE the new stadium!


Back to Utah for General Conference!  This was my attempt at an "artsy" edit of my photo of the Salt Lake Temple.  The caravan trip (three cars) we all took to get there was in itself quite the experience... I learned a lot that weekend.  And there's nothing quite like having testimony borne so strongly to you that it leaves you feeling like nothing could be more true than the words of the Prophet.



Probably the most exciting (and recent) adventure... CALIFORNIA!  I had been once before, to visit Nathan's family for Christmas break last year.  But he wouldn't take me to the ocean (in his defense, it was supposedly a three-hour drive) so until this week I'd never officially been to the other side of the country.  This is Laguna Beach... gorgeous!


The man of the hour.  We bonded while waiting for Rachel to have her hair done.


The princess herself!  We had to help her get dressed in a beach restroom for her bridals.  It was tricky to make sure the dress was kept clean while getting her into it!  She is an unbelievably beautiful bride.



The resort where she had her photos done... breathtaking. 


Tawnee showed us her stomping ground in San Diego.  A giant suspension bridge in the middle of the night?  Sure.  Ending the adventure with chocolate from Extraordinary Desserts downtown?  Perfect!


On our way to the wedding!


He really was giddy in love.  After two years of dating?  FINALLY!


Temple #3... the San Diego temple.  It looks like a fairytale castle!  


Best part of the trip?  Spending quality time with my long-lost best friends.  Meeting new ones.  Loving love!

I promise, more pictures/details later.  Chew on this for now!

6 comments:

  1. It took me a LONG time not to despise the mountains. After living in the (flat) midwest for so long, when I moved here I felt like the mountains were closing in on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your hair, Sarah! How do you do it? I suggest a how-to post next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna: I know exactly what you mean! Mountains on all sides... now I hardly notice it.

    Heather: It's called hot rollers and aquanet hair spray :) It's a hit-or-miss style, at least for me, but if you really want I can give you more details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love that last picture. Bryce asked me "who is that girl in the back?" ha (don't tell Danielle)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Nik is just so handsome! Seriously, I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with Nik and my mom. They're the best. Haha.

    But really thank you for coming. If I didn't know I missed you before, I sure do know it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're a blogger, Copey. I still can't get over your lioness diva hair at the wedding. TEACH ME HOW TO DO MY HAIR!

    ReplyDelete