Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Can I just have a few more hours in the day?

I have a problem. 

I have too many ideas.

Like,

I want to paint a watercolor.  I want to take gormet cooking classes.  I want to sew.  I want to read Shakespeare's entire collected works.  I want to run a 7:30 mile.  I want to go back to school for an MBA/teaching certificate/master's.  I want to cross-stich.  I want to learn German.  And "re"learn French.  I want to teach myself the organic chemistry I never learned in college.  I want to get a real job again.  I want to be a true scriptorian.  I want to scrapbook the sections of my life I haven't gotten to yet... try everything before 10th grade and after junior year of college.  I want to learn Claire de Lune on the piano... and all of Chopin.  I want to raise a seeing-eye dog puppy.  I want to learn cake decorating.    

The real problem is, I want to do all of these things right now.  So instead, I let myself get overwhelmed, and do none of the above.  Well, I've gotten down to a 9:00 minute mile (which is quite the personal accomplishment, actually) but that's about it. 

Where do I start?  I don't want to start school until my location is more secure.  Many of the other things come down to time/money/time.  I just need to start small.  Othello and a petit four, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times a day this sort of thing runs through my mind. For me, it's re-learning to play the piano, re-learning Spanish, math, and all the chemistry I've forgotten, learning guitar, tatting...but for now I've settled on knitting and crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! Sarah, I didn't know you had a blog. What a great find. :) I miss you and hope you're doing OK.

    ReplyDelete